Tuesday, November 18, 2008

globelines. your sh*ting me, right!?


my internet connection has been failing for the past several days now. ive done some basic and advanced troubleshooting steps and its still the same thing. so i end up calling technical support to complain about this issue. i hate calling tech guys because i think its just plain useless. like when i mention that i already turned off my modem, access the gui and run some diagnostics, i also did the release and renew of my ip address, i even optimized the browser and cleaned my firefox. i also flushed the dns, check TCP/IP settings and tuned off my firewall and security software, duh? and this guy told to do the same thing. i keep repeating, "man i've done this already?"

whats funny is i asked him to interpret to me the result of my diagnostics on the modem, and he cant even answer my question. he just replied that "sir, there is something wrong with the connection". Of course something is wrong! i cant connect to your Internet! the result of the test failed. what are you!? one more thing, i ask again this tech guy, i think his name was "LITO" whatever, something like that. I ask him what with this "testing ATM OAM segment ping" means? then he told me to click on admin, then diagnostic, then submit. then what the!? im on that page already. i didn't ask him to walk me through that page. then he decided that he'll just send a field technician. he said that someone will come to check my connection within the nest 24 to 48 hrs. no field tech came. which sucks big time.

i still have the same problem right now. im typing my frustration to my ISP on my notepad which is so classic. haha! no fancy thing just letters numbers and plain white background.

i know this industry, ive been working as a same tech guy for some american internet service provider for almost 1 and a half year, and you'll be lucky if you have someone on the other line who exactly knows what he is doing. most of the customers will get an idiot who doesnt really know what theyre doing. like what happen to me, or a lazy tech guy who will do some bs'ng and refer you to some dept that has nothing to do with the issue. this are some run-around i do sometime when i feel so tired and exhausted. well that s life.


im a lil hungry, i dont know if there is some left over on the kitchen that i can put on the microwave. because im too lazy to prepare my own food.

so maybe thats it for me now. ill have my dinner first, cos kind of late now.

No comments: